I always tell my students to hand the work to me personally. From personal experience, I know students with the best of intentions sometimes put their stuff in the wrong box by confusing first and last names, whether the recipient’s box is below or above the name, or a fellow student simply steals the work. Dishonest students simply claim they have handed in the work. I have discovered that students have the same problem with e-mail. They claim they have sent it to me by e-mail but I simply don’t have it.
Dr. Jack Green Mussleman in his Ethical Analyusis course (
http://faculty.stedwards.edu/jackgm/phil2329/syl_late.html) states that
“All late material must be handed to me personally or handed to Laura Sanders in Andre 111 Monday-Fridays 1pm-4pm. Laura will time-stamp the assignment so I know when she got it.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY SO DO NOT HAND IN LATE PAPERS IN ANY OTHER WAY!!
If you send me an email attachment and it never gets to my inbox because it gets lost in the electronic ether, the assignment will be considered late/missing.
• This means your late material should not be placed on or under or near my door.
• It should not be given to another person to hand in for you.
• It should not be sent to me via campus mail.
• It should not be tacked to my door.
• It should not be sent to me via email.
In person is the best way I can verify late work has, in fact, been received by me. (And, as noted above, late/missing email attachments are a risk you run if you pursue that route.) If you want to arrange a time to hand late work directly to me, contact me.
I will also not accept late materials in the last week of class that were due in the first 14 weeks of class.
Handing in papers in any way other than to me is an option you pursue at your own risk.”
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment